The Beginner’s Guide to Creating a YearbookJul 26th 2018
Want to create a yearbook, but not sure how to start? You came to the right place! Check out this easy step by step Beginner’s Guide to Creating a Yearbook to help you create a yearbook that will be cherished dearly.
Steps to Designing a Yearbook with Blossom
1. Request a Quote
2. Accept Your Proposal
- Once you have requested your quote, you are now ready to accept your proposal. E-sign your proposal by clicking next to the “Signed” box in your PDF viewer and typing your name and the date. Email your signed copy to [email protected]. Otherwise, you can attach your proposal in an email with a statement about your approval.
3. Sign Up & Set Your Desired Delivery Date
- Next, create a log in, sign your organization up, and enter in the book details. Once you are signed up, set your desired delivery date, keeping in mind the time needed to print and produce your books. Hard cover books will take 5 weeks from the date of the proof approval (4 weeks of production and 1 week of shipping). Soft cover books will take 4 weeks from the date of the proof approval (3 weeks of production and 1 week of shipping).
4. Set Your Online Store Price
- Begin by using the PDF flyers found under the Resources tab online or from your marketing kit to sell books. Then, while on the dashboard, select “Edit Book Details” to change your online store price. You can keep track of cash and check orders under your Orders tab. If you raise funds beyond the cost of your book, you’ll receive a fundraising check approximately 2 weeks after you receive your books.
5. Create Your Team
- You can also assign team roles to divide up the work. The Team Roles Admin is the Owner or Co-Owner of a project. They can upload, edit, and submit a book for printing. The Photographer can add images to the yearbook. The Viewer can view the flip book. The Editor is assigned a section by an Admin to work on pages.
6. Design Your Book
- You now have the option to choose your design. You can pick from hundreds of themes or design on your own. There are thousands of backgrounds & Clip Art that are available for you to use. You also have the option to upload your own photos, clip art, or backgrounds. Uploading PSPA portraits will generate pages for grades and classrooms in alphabetical order.
7. Preview Your Design
- Check to be sure everyone is pictured and there are a variety of photos. Review all text and be sure to check that all names are spelled correctly. In addition, ensure all backgrounds go to edge of the orange bleed guide in the page editor.
8. Review Orders
- Add any additional cash or check orders. Export your list of orders for book distribution. If needed, update organization quantity to fulfill cash or check orders.
9. Check Out & Pay Online
- Sign off on the final proof and enter your billing and shipping information. You can then choose to be invoiced or pay directly online. *Please note that payment must be received before your books can ship. You will receive an order confirmation by email.
10. Receive Your Books & Fundraising Check
- Review your order list for personalized books and distribute all ordered books. If applicable, you will then receive your fundraising check.
If you have any questions along the way, we're happy to help! Give us a call at 1-800-893-8902.