Your March Yearbook ChecklistMar 5th 2018
Are you starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel? Or rather, the yearbook at the end of the design hours?
We've got your March yearbook adviser checklist here to make sure you're on the right path.
- Keep those Spring photos coming in! Create a Dropbox account, send out "another" email, and keep searching for more pictures to add to your yearbook.
- Finish your proofing process. Have teachers review their panel pages for correct names and faces, have multiple people read through and edit, and review all photos to try and prevent duplicates. For the most accurate preview of your yearbook, we recommend either requesting a PDF proof or taking a screenshot of the individual pages. To take a screenshot, just Press Ctrl+PrtScn on a PC or Shift-Command-3 on a Mac, save as a .jpg or .png file, and send to others to review. If you request a free PDF proof from us, we'll email it over or send via Dropbox (it's a pretty large file)!
- Check the margins and bleeds within your yearbook. Within the online design yearbook editor, you'll see two lines available. These give an exact representation of the bleed and trim lines of your yearbook. Any images or text elements that touch the bleed line could touch the edge of the page; use this line to ensure there is no blank white space on the edge of your pages. The trim line is where your yearbook is cut or trimmed. Anything beyond the trim line will not be shown in your printed yearbook.
- Begin advertising with posters, flyers, and emails. You should have received your free marketing kit already (if not, just ask us!). Hang those posters and send out those flyers to begin selling your yearbook. If you need more, feel free to download from our website!
- Set up your online store with Blossom. If you're designing with our online yearbook design tool, set up your book price on the Dashboard, send out the Online order flyer with your book code (also on the dashboard), and watch the yearbook orders roll in on the Orders page! If you're designing your yearbook offline but still want to allow parents to submit orders on our website, just let us know. We'll be happy to set you up with a free online store.
- When you're ready to checkout and submit your yearbook to print, visit the shopping cart icon on your Dashboard. You'll be able to view the online order total payments, see your remaining balance, and pay for your yearbooks via credit card or by requesting an invoice.
- Finally, contact your Design Specialist or Account Manager with any questions! We're always happy to help!