Submitting a PDF File to Print Your YearbooksFeb 8th 2019
Planning on using a different yearbook design software or tool to design your yearbook, but need help with printing? At Blossom, you can submit a PDF or design file and we'll get it printed for you. Plus, you'll love our lowest price guarantee and various custom printing options like soft-touch matte covers, personalization, and more. Request a quote today to get started.
Check out these PDF submission tips to ensure your printing process goes smoothly:
- If you’ve selected a non-standard book size, which include landscape 11x8.5”, 8x8”, and 10x10”, please contact Blossom Books for further file setup specifics on your non-standard book size pages and cover.
- We ask that you submit 2 files when your book design is complete: one for your cover and one for your pages. Further instructions based on your software choice are included in the following pages.
- If you have any solid or patterned backgrounds, please review all pages to make sure this part of your design extends to the bleed guide before PDF submission. This will safeguard that during the production process your pages do not have any unintentional white edges.
- Keep in mind as you design any spreads that have crossovers (for example, photos that fall along the edges where the pages meet) will run the risk of being pulled into the spine.
- If you are designing a hard cover book and would like to include spine text with your cover art, please keep in mind the hinges on each side of the spine. Further instructions are included in the pages to follow.
- If you choose to utilize Adobe InDesign, make sure to keep all linked files or images in the same folder as your InDesign file. This will ensure that there will be no unlinked or missing images when you generate your PDF to submit to Blossom.
- Once you have uploaded and shared your book files for print, we will send you a PDF proof for approval. Multiple versions may be exchanged in this process so we ask that you name your files SchoolName_SchoolYear_Pages/Cover_Ver#(if multiple versions).pdf.
- File transfer tools that we recommend for uploading and sharing print-ready PDFs include: WeTransfer, Dropbox, or GoogleDocs. Once your files have been uploaded, we ask that you send us an email with URL direct links to the uploaded files.